Salt acts like an expectorant, accelerating mucus clearance and improving lung function while killing harmful bacteria and soothing the respiratory system. During your 45-minute session, you can relax, enjoy music or read in our cozy, spa-like salt covered rooms while breathing in microscopic salt particles.
• Upon your arrival you will check in at the front desk with one of our Client Coordinators. If this is your first visit, you will be asked to fill out our waiver for this service.
• After you are checked in, make sure you use the restroom and get any needed drink before going back to your service room.
• You will be walked back to your designated room, if you need a locker key that will be provided to you.
• Shoes are allowed in the salt room only when covered with booties which will be pointed out to you. Socks or bare feet are also an option! Please note: if you have sensitive feet, we recommend using the shoe coverings as the salt on the floor is not fine.
• As you get situated in your zero gravity chair, we will offer you a blanket and magazine if you would like some added comfort.
• The room is not a hot or humid environment. It is kept at basic room temperature. Wear your regular clothes! If you are one who catches a chill, bring a light sweater.
• Relaxing spa music will quietly play in the background as you sit back and enjoy your salt session.
• Salt Sessions are all 45 minutes.
• Once your session is complete you can leave all blankets and magazines in the chair and carefully exit to your locker.
• Drink plenty of water and don’t forget to check out at the front desk!
Note:We try to refrain from using electronics in the salt rooms. If you feel the need to use them during your session, please silence them so you do not disrupt anyone else during their session.
You can read a book or even take a nap while relaxing to the calming background music playing in the room. Your comfort is ensured by our Zero-Gravity, NASA inspired recliners. The Zero-Gravity recliners allow you to relax while you’re seated and lets the discs in your spine return to their normal shape.
Every wall surface, including the floor & ceiling, is covered with natural rock salt to create a sterilized and negative ion environment. The Salt Room Saginaw also uses the newest top-of-the-line halogenerators to crush pharmaceutical grade salt into small particles for inhalation creating the microclimate.
Benefits of Salt Therapy
Salt therapy has been used to treat upper and lower respiratory conditions such as cold and flu, allergy, asthma, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, sinus infection, sinusitis, rhinitis, hay fever and emphysema.